The 6 Pillars of Change for an Empowered Life is proven over and over to create the relationships and empowered life you have always dreamed of.
My unique system is integral to the success of your journey. Finding your voice, and reclaiming your power with a set of tools for you to create your ideal life and the life your wildest thoughts dream of.
Pillar One: Care of Yourself
Pillar Two: Healthy Boundaries
Often, there is a lot of anxiety around setting boundaries in relationships for fear the other person won’t love you or will be angry with you if you don’t do what they want. Are you walking on eggshells trying to keep the other person from being angry? It is necessary to have boundaries in relationships and set expectations to keep from disappointing yourself and others.
This Pillar is focused on:
- Discovering your core values
- Learning what you will and will not allow
- Knowing what you are willing to tolerate and not willing to tolerate
- Discovering what you truly want in life so you can set and keep boundaries that allow you to create the relationships and life you desire.
Using this Pillar in your relationships, you will be able to:
- Set and keep your boundaries even in the face of another person’s negative reaction
- Have certainty in knowing what is important to you so you can set and keep boundaries
- Always be grounded in your core values, especially when circumstances arise that cause you to question your boundaries
- Integrate the skills of setting and keeping boundaries so you feel safe and respected when you stand up for yourself
Many marriages start off with great enthusiasm and excitement, but over time it is not uncommon for the relationship to change. With the demands of work, children and other commitments, it can be all too easy to let your marriage take a backseat. This can lead to feelings of resentment and even conflict. If you find yourself in this situation, it is important to create healthy boundaries in your marriage.
Ways to get started:
- Clearly communicating your core values to your partner.
- What is important to you?
- What do you need from the relationship in order to feel fulfilled?
Once you have a good understanding of your own needs, you can then start to work on creating the relationship you desire. Some examples include:
- Setting aside time each week for date night
- Making a weekly check-in with each other
Whatever it is, healthy boundaries will help to create a stronger and more intimate bond between you and your spouse.
Tune in to my Empowered Marriage Podcast to learn more. This fortnight’s podcast is available now and discusses this topic in more depth.
Podcast 103 – How to have Healthy Boundaries in your Marriage – Pillar 2 – Listen to the podcast here
Check out the full series of articles about the 6 Pillars of Change and discover how they can help you.