The 6 Pillars of Change for an Empowered Life is proven over and over to create the relationships and empowered life you have always dreamed of.
My unique system is integral to the success of your journey. Finding your voice, and reclaiming your power with a set of tools for you to create your ideal life and the life your wildest thoughts dream of.
Pillar One: Care of Yourself
Pillar Two: Healthy Boundaries
Pillar Three: Assertiveness
Pillar Four: Nurturing Forgiveness
How do you forgive someone who has betrayed you? Cheated on You? Abused You? Left You? The list could go on and on. Of the 6 Pillars, this is the hardest one for most because forgiveness is equal to forgiving another’s behaviour. Forgiveness is the pillar of the journey to finding peace and serenity. Transforming the other pillars first makes space for you to forgive yourself and others, which is the ultimate key to loving and rewarding relationships and life.
This Pillar is focused on:
- Learning to forgive yourself for the ways you let yourself down
- Forgiving the other person or persons who have hurt you, let you down and used you
- Deeper discovery of false beliefs and patterns from past traumas that keep you in unforgiveness
- Learning to acknowledge your feelings and allowing them to flow through you
Using this Pillar in your relationships, you will be able to:
- Truly forgive yourself for the past and into the future
- Forgive the other person or persons for the past and into the future
- Decide if you want the person who hurt you to be in your life
- Live a life full of peace and harmony, knowing how to handle your feelings
Today I’m going to look at how to handle your feelings.
There are two basic emotions – love and fear. All emotions are variations of those two. There are varying degrees of feelings – some are mild, some moderate and others are very intense. For example, anger in a mild form can be annoyance. It can increase to feeling offended and agitated and as an intense emotion, it would be a feeling of rage. However, on any level, anger is based on fear.
Fear-based emotions include:
- Guilt, Shame, Anxiety, Anger, Depression, Sadness, Loneliness and Hurt
Love-based emotions include:
- Compassion, Joy, Happiness, Trust, Contentment and Satisfaction
You Cannot Control Your Emotions
No one can control their emotions. The key to dealing with emotions is living with them, loving them, managing them, feeling them and releasing them.
It takes a lot of energy to keep your emotions under tight control. Some people even become ill as their vibrations are lowered and this can lead to illness, depression and fatigue.
How to Explore and Release Your Emotions
There is no right or wrong way to explore your emotions. You have to do what feels right for you and what you are drawn to. Some people prefer to work in solitude, while others need the support of a group or just one person.
- A letting go letter
- Writing in a journal
- Listen to music that moves you
- Share your emotions with your pets
- Connect with mother earth
- Keep a record of your emotions
When you start to identify, understand and release buried emotions you will get in tune with yourself emotionally. When you have emptied out your repressed emotions you will be triggered less by your outer world. You will then have no judgement and will surrender to the feelings allowing the emotion to just be if you are triggered. You will reach a point where you live in the present moment and will feel more joy and harmony in yourself and in your marriage.
Tune in to my Empowered Marriage Podcast to learn more. This fortnight’s podcast is available now and discusses this topic in more depth.
Podcast 105 – How to have Nurturing Forgiveness in your Marriage – Pillar 4 – Listen to the podcast here
Check out the full series of articles about the 6 Pillars of Change and discover how they can help you.