The 6 Pillars of Change for an Empowered Life is proven over and over to create the relationships and empowered life you have always dreamed of.
My unique system is integral to the success of your journey. Finding your voice, and reclaiming your power with a set of tools for you to create your ideal life and the life your wildest thoughts dream of.
Pillar One: Care of Yourself
Pillar Two: Healthy Boundaries
Pillar Three: Assertiveness
How to have assertiveness in your marriage: Assertiveness is crucial in a relationship and if this isn’t developed you can be easily manipulated. This can be done emotionally, verbally, financially, sexually and even psychologically. We can experience manipulation in many relationships from intimate to parents/family to co-workers/bosses and even friends. It is important to recognize the often-overlooked ways you are manipulated by the people you care for the most and how to stop tolerating this. Any abuse undermines your self-confidence and damages the balance of power in relationships that are important to you.
This Pillar is focused on:
- Learning about the types of manipulation and how they show up in relationships
- Assessing any abuse, you experience in your relationships that you haven’t noticed
- Discovering the patterns, you are in with your spouse that are not working
- Knowing how the pattern works to keep you stuck and getting the same results
- Learning about why you stay in unhealthy/toxic, even abusive relationships, continually trying to fix the other person
Using this Pillar in your relationships you will be able to:
- Transform any manipulation you are experiencing in your relationships
- Become empowered to step out of the patterns you are in and create healthy ones
- Transform your false beliefs, thoughts, and patterns from dis-empowering to empowered ones that help you no longer tolerate unacceptable behaviour
- Find your voice and reclaim your power so you are seen and heard
Protect yourself from all types of abuse whether it is overt or covert.
Assertiveness is an important communication skill that everyone should learn. It’s about being clear about what you want and speaking up for yourself. It can be difficult to be assertive, but it’s worth it because it allows you to meet your needs and build better relationships.
Where do I begin?
- Knowing what you think, feel, and need is so important. It allows you to be clear in your own mind and know what it is that you want. When you know what you want, you can ask for it clearly. And when you’re clear in asking for what you want, people are much more likely to listen.
- Being interrupted can be frustrating, but it’s important to speak up when it happens. If you don’t say anything, the other person may not realize that they’re interrupting you and they’ll continue to do so. By speaking up, you’re assertively communicating that you deserve to be heard and respected.
- The Victim pattern becomes the Creator: You take adult responsibility and get very clear on what you want and understand its up to you to get it. You understand your past is your past and you may have been dealt a card that has been very painful, but you choose to heal from it and live in the present with purpose and power and to be assertive is very important.
When you are assertive you are better able to create the Empowered Marriage, you want. So instead of worrying about rejection, focus on taking care of yourself. It is the best decision you can make for your happiness and well-being.
Tune in to my Empowered Marriage Podcast to learn more. This fortnight’s podcast is available now and discusses this topic in more depth.
Podcast 104 – How to have Assertiveness in your Marriage – Pillar 3 –Listen to the podcast here
Check out the full series of articles about the 6 Pillars of Change and discover how they can help you.